LRM Planning is a small but dynamic town planning consultancy, operating across England and Wales.
Established 5 years ago, we have grown to a practice of 8 and have an enviable portfolio of work and a proven track record in delivering our clients’ development objectives. To support the continued growth of the company we are keen to appoint a planner / senior planner to join our Exeter Office. The role is permanent and full-time and will include providing town planning consultancy services to clients, in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Report to Directors and Associates as agreed on a project-by-project basis.
- Sustain a working relationship with all members of the Company.
- Responsible for planning-related project administration, including attending meetings and taking notes for colleagues.
- Work closely with colleagues to provide planning consultancy services as part of a team including appraisals, research, statements, applications, written representations and projects as required.
- Responsible for working with Directors and Associates to set individual objectives, to work towards their achievement and to keep them under regular review.
The successful candidate will be required to have:
- A Royal Town Planning Institute accredited Master’s Degree in Town and Country Planning.
- Full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or a Licentiate member actively approaching the submission of their APC in 2019.
- 2-4 years’ experience.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A sound level of written and spoken English.
Experience, knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the planning system, planning legislation and planning policy in England.
- Understanding of the commercial issues affecting development.
- Experience of working in plan-making and decision-taking.
- Ability to communicate clearly and present arguments orally and in writing.
- Ability to input to and develop solutions through discussion with senior staff.
- Produce personal objectives which are deliverable, achievable and challenging.
- Energy, organised, enthusiastic and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of working within a team.
- A commitment to excellence in all that you do.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, using initiative and innovation.
The interview process will be carried out in two stages. If short listed, at the 2nd interview we will request examples of recent written reports/statements, which you will then use to demonstrate your skills and experience through a short presentation/discussion.
The successful candidate can expect a package of benefits that include:
- A salary of £27,000 – £29,000 gross per annum.
- Membership to the Royal Town Planning Institute to be paid in full.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays; and
- Entry into LRM Planning’s Auto Enrolment Pension scheme.
If you believe you are suitable for this role, please forward your CV by midday on 21st January 2019 to email@example.com
No recruitment consultants please.