Due to the current ongoing health pandemic, LRM Planning has undertaken an internal review of procedures in order to ensure that our company is as well prepared as possible to deal with the continued spread of coronavirus.
Measures taken and continued procedures
- LRM staff are undertaking good personal hygiene measures including thorough washing of hands with antibacterial soap and water when entering or leaving the workplace; use of hand sanitiser when soap and water are not available; using tissues when coughing or sneezing, then disposing of tissues and washing of hands; using cleaning products at our desks, especially in respect of work equipment that is mobile and able to be transported outside of the premises.
- Staff have been reminded of their responsibilities in terms of remaining vigilant to the known symptoms of the virus, and if displaying signs of a new and persistent cough, or a high temperature, will be required to stay at home until further notice.
- Staff that are more vulnerable to the effects of the virus are being kept in regular and frequent dialogue with the Directors, should there be a need to self-isolate.
- At present, the offices in Cardiff and Exeter remain open, but staff are encouraged to work from home should they need to or are more comfortable doing so, depending on indiviudal circumstances. We are continuing to monitor guidance in respect of workplaces and will amend our procedures as necessary.
Contingency measures in the event of home working being required
- All members of the LRM team have the technological capacity to work from home, with already in-place IT systems having been tested in order to do so. All members of the team are able to use Microsoft Teams, so should this be beneficial to clients and/or project teams, we will encourage use of this platform.
- Should any member of the team find themselves in a position where they are required to work from home, they will maintain regular contact with line managers and/or Directors for the duration of their time working from home.
- Should there be any instance where illness prevents home working, measures have been put in place to ensure continuity on projects as efficiently as possible, with shadowing provisions put in place to ensure that at least two members of the team are involved/briefed on any given project.
- We are limiting attendance at meetings to only those that are considered essential, but will maintain lines of communication with project teams and Local Authorities in this regard.
- It is preferable, where possible, to conduct meetings via remote access technology.
- Public transport use by members of staff is prohibited until further notice. All members of the team have access to private car to facilitate travel where necessary.
This statement is accurate at the time of its issue, however LRM Planning Ltd will continually review the situation in line with national guidance and may need to update this statement in due course.